We are living in the information age, where our smartphones connect us with others all around the world. Your iPhone or Android device likely feels like a part of you. With it, you can access almost any fact, message friends in an instant, listen to your favorite songs, and get real-time directions. Isn’t it about time cars joined the information era?
Fortunately, Volkswagen has made it a part of their mission to keep drivers connected with Car-Net App-Connect. With Car-Net® App-Connect and apps like Apple CarPlay®, you can connect your smartphone to your VW and use your mobile hands-free.
How Does Apple CarPlay® Work Through Car-Net App-Connect?
With Car-Net® App-Connect, you can connect your smartphone to the touch screen of your Volkswagen Vehicle using one of three mobile apps. We’re not going to weigh in on the Apple vs. Android debate. Car-Net® App-Connect will work with your device, no matter what side of the great divide you are on.
The three apps you can use to connect are:
- Apple CarPlay®– iPhone users can get a simplified version of iOS in their cars, and operate their phones hands-free, with Siri voice commands.
- Android Auto®– Get all the convenience of the Android operating system, on-the-go. Keep your eyes on the road with Google voice commands.
- MirrorLink®– Another option for Android users, MirrorLink lets you operate your phone’s apps through car’s receiver.
All three let you connect to your Volkswagen vehicle, and access your apps as you drive. New entertainment, communication, and navigation options will open up to you, like:
- Voice command for calls and text messaging
- Access to your contacts list
- Get real-time navigation with Google or Apple maps
- Listen to music, podcasts, and audiobooks
- Connect to Spotify, Audible, and other compatible apps
Which Volkswagens Come With Car-Net® App-Connect?
Most current year VW’s have Car-Net® App-Connect available, giving you extra connectivity on your new Beetle, Golf, Passat, Tiguan, or Golf Sportwagen. If you want to know for sure if a specific trim has smartphone connectivity, research it online or ask us at (888) 620-9698.
Once you’ve found your connected Volkswagen vehicle, sign up for a test drive with our team at Jack Daniels Volkswagen. You can also stop by our Fair Lawn, New Jersey, dealership and see any of our Car-Net equipped vehicles today!